Saturday, June 18, 2005

...and She'll Cry if She Wants to


Poor Jenny. Our internets is currently semi-functioning and her computer is currently lacking any connection to the information superhighway. At the moment she's playing Civilization 3, pretending that the lack of internets connection isn't bothering her, but I know that she's really suffering underneath.

On a side note, I'd just like to give a shoutout to Todd, the helpdesk dude who answered my phonecall at 9:30 PM on Thursday night. You see, my company provides all of its employees with laptops, wireless routers, blackberrys and other assorted geeky items, so of course, it must also provide 24 hour tech support for its employees so that when their laptop, wireless router or blackberry takes a header, these employees have someone to call for help. So that's what I did. When the wireless router we use here at chez us went kapput and I couldn't fix it, I called Todd. Todd walked me through setting up a direct PPPoE connection to my DSL modem so that at least one computer could have a connection. And that was very good of him.

And that brings us back to the current conditions. My computer has an internet connection and hers does not. So that means sharing. Which isn't really desirable to either party. I mean, I pretend to be generous and understanding, but really I'm thinking, "I wish she'd hurry up and answer her goddamn email already so that I could get back to reading the news."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home