Tuesday, May 24, 2005

9,335...9,336...


So I'm now sporting the oh-so-fabulous Omron pedometer at all times during the day. Or at least whenever I heave my gargantuan bulk out of my straining office chair. You see, at the behest of my physician, I need to wear this fashion accessory when moving so that she knows that I'm not lying when I say that I actually don't just stuff donuts down my face all day. I know that my blood pressure and cholesterol may be telling her something else, but seriously! I'm all of 170 lbs.! Granted, I'm only 3' 6", but c'mon, that's normal, right?

Apparently she thinks that I spill out over my seat like a Hutt.

Anyway, according to the documentation that came with the piece of shit, one should be taking 10,000 steps during the day in order to stay fit and healthy. I asked my doc if drinking beer and eating bean burritos while walking still counted, but she didn't answer. She was laughing, so maybe she thought I was joking. I didn't want to press her for an answer though, so I'll just assume that it still counts.

I know you're dying to hear how many steps I've taken, so I'll tell you.

Yesterday: 5,172 (but I only started wearing it at 12:30 PM!)

Today: 9,334 (but, like, 3,500 of those were done on an elliptical and I was going all fast-like, so they count for double, obviously)

Hey! Maybe this will be my new blog thing! With each update, I'll post how many steps I've taken that day! Won't that be fun? No? Well. You're probably right. I wouldn't find that fun. I'll think of something though. Fear not.

What song I'm listening to when writing the post? No...

Lastly, I want it to be known that I will try to post pictures from my road trip in my next post, but I make no promises. Working with Hello™ and Blogger™ to upload pictures is a real pain in the ass. But I will suffer for you. Maybe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? What crazy doctor has you wearing a pedometer? Is your cholesterol and blood pressure really that bad? Jeff, you did not tell me about this.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home